Recycling of flexible packaging laminates
Adhesives and sealants for sustainable development: Recycling
The development of a process to recycle flexible packaging laminates consisting of e.g. aluminium foil, polyethylene and PET is supported by the design of a suitable laminating adhesive
- Flexible packaging is essential to keep food fresh, reduce food waste and to ensure food safety.
- Laminates consisting of aluminum foil, polyethylene and polyethyleneterephthalate (PET) are the material of choice for the packaging of sensitive food.
- After use and during the production process large quantities of these laminates have to be disposed of currently.
- A German start-up has developed a method to recycle the components of flexpack laminates using a proprietary physical-chemical process without disintegrating them.
- A flexpack adhesive manufacturer has collaborated with the recycler to create tailor-made adhesives which enable the separation of the laminates as a precondition for the recycling process.
Website Saperatec: www.saperatec.de