FEICA's Regulatory Affairs focus
Adhesives and sealants use a broad range of substances and are applied in many different products from all industry sectors. This means that FEICA covers a large number of topics and policy discussions. Some of our key topics are Construction (including EPDs), PU training, Good Practice, REACH and CLP, and Paper & Packaging.
FEICA has prepared Executive Summaries treating as priorities certain initiatives of the European Commission. Each Executive Summary describes the current situation and the issues involved regarding the initiative, notes the status, and the timeline and next steps to be taken, and lists the main players and relevant FEICA activities. Thus, these Executive Summaries serve all stakeholders as invaluable sources of information regarding key initiatives of the Commission and regarding FEICA’s efforts to promote the best interests of the adhesives and sealants industry.
The FEICA Executive Summaries and Issue One-Pagers are reserved for FEICA member companies, national associations and their member companies and can be accessed via the FEICA Extranet here.
Executive Summaries: FEICA Priorities
- Chemicals Use and Exposure
- Mixture Assessment Factor (MAF)
- Construction Products Regulation (CPR)
- REACH Revision - Polymers registration
- Reform of the restriction and authorisation process Essential use concept
- Reform of the restriction and authorisation process - The Generic Risk Management Approach (GRA)
- Green Claims Initiative
- New Design Requirements and Consumer Rights for Electronics
- Repairability score for smartphones and tablets
- Sustainable Products Initiative Digital Product Passports
- Packaging and Packaging Waste Directive Revision of essential requirements
- Revision of Food Contact Materials Legislation
Executive Summaries: EU Green Deal Concepts
- The essential use concept
- Safe and sustainable-by-design chemicals
- The ‘one substance, one assessment’ approach
Activities of the FEICA Working Groups (FEICA Issue One-Pagers)
Each year, FEICA’s European Technical Board (ETB) approves the issues on which FEICA’s Technical Working Groups (TWGs) and Technical Task Forces (TTFs) will be focussing. See the organigram here.
- Activities of the Paper & Packaging (P&P) TWG and the Sustainability and Recycling of P&P TTF 2023
- Activities of the OCF TWG 2023
- Activities of the Sustainable Development (SD) Committee and the Electronics TTF 2023
- Activities of the Construction TWG and the smart CE marking TTF 2023
- Activities of the Chemical Legislation TWG 2023 (including the Polymers TTF, the PU restriction and Occupational Exposure Limits (OELs) TTF, the Poison Centres TTF, the CSS - Chemical Strategy for Sustainability (REACH and CLP) TTF and the Mixture assessment TTF)