1. About FEICA and your data privacy rights
1.1 FEICA represents the European adhesive and sealant industry towards EU institutions and stakeholders. FEICA is committed to continuous improvement in its efficiency and effectiveness, and ensures a vigorous industry by:
- Engaging with legislators and providing guidance on EU regulatory affairs and the safe use of our industry’s products
- Fostering sustainable development within the industry
- Providing advocacy and a platform for industry dialogue and knowledge sharing
FEICA is established as a non-profit making international association under Belgian law (aisbl). FEICA’s address is: Rue Belliard 40 box 10, 1040 Brussels, Belgium.
As a data controller, our responsibility notably implies that we provide you with the right to consult, correct or remove any of your personal data.
- Should you wish to consult, complete, rectify or remove any of the information that we hold about you or your organisation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To know more about your data protection and privacy rights please consult the Belgian supervisory authority - the Commission for protection of privacy - at https://www.privacycommission.be/en (site available in English, French and Dutch).
2. About the personal data we collect and the way we use them
2.1 Personal data – As a member of FEICA or an external stakeholder, you may provide us with personal data information when using our website, interacting with us on social media, registering for information or events.
The data we collect can include your organisation’s name, title, job title, first name, family name, function, telephone number, mobile phone number, mailing address, e-mail, social media account (s) and web address or photo, as well as where applicable, FEICA working groups memberships, subscriptions to FEICA information, interests in topics we work on, and attendance at FEICA meetings.
Some of this data is considered as personal data under the EU GDPR. In most instances, we collect personal data directly from the data subjects, but we may sometimes obtain personal data from third parties such as directories or EU institutions websites.
2.2 Purpose of use and processing - the information that you provide us with will be used for the purpose of contacting you, fulfilling your online requests or facilitating your access to members-only content and/or providing you with relevant and updated information about our organisation, its activities and positions. More specifically, as part of its general mission, FEICA processes personal data for the following purposes:
- For membership management and general administration: FEICA has legitimate interests in the processing of personal data of the contact persons across its membership for the purpose of administering or informing its membership or for the governance of the association (such as the organisation of general assemblies and board meetings). FEICA also processes the personal data of representatives and contact persons of entities with which FEICA contracts, such as consortiums, services providers or consultancies.
- For research, information, publication and advocacy purposes: FEICA processes contact details of journalists, Members of European Parliament, officials from the European Commission and from EU Member States, academics, consultants and industry experts and European affairs stakeholders for the purposes of carrying out its research, information, and advocacy activities.
- For events organisation: FEICA processes identification details of individuals who register to participate to events and conferences it organises for the purpose of managing the registration, invoicing and participation to such events under the general terms and conditions that are expressly accepted by the individuals and/or based on consent for certain personal data.
- For websites security and content access: FEICA processes identification data from individuals who register themselves on websites managed by FEICA and give their express consent to receive newsletters or information from FEICA. FEICA also processes identification data from members or content subscribers to facilitate their personal access to the meeting documents of their working groups or subscribed content.
2.3 Explicit consent, retention and right of consultation and modification – Your prior informed, explicit, consent for the use and processing of your personal data will be requested for registering to FEICA mass communication such as newsletters or event participation. Your consent will also be specifically asked for photos or multimedia content that may enable the recognition of participants at events.
Your personal data will be kept as long as you are a designated person of your organisation in relation with FEICA or its members and, otherwise provided by law, for the time that is strictly necessary to achieve the purpose(s) for which they were collected.
Should you wish to withdraw your prior informed consent, consult, complete, rectify or remove any of the information that we hold about you, please contact us at: email@example.com.
2.4 Data sharing - As a non-profit organisation FEICA does not share or sell any personal data to third parties for any commercial purposes.
Your personal data will not be shared with any other third parties unless we would be required to do so by law or to comply with a court order served upon us in connection with our website(s), social media, the implementation of the EU GDPR or to protect and defend our legal rights and interests and those of our members.
Personal data may be shared with FEICA members for the same legitimate interest and purpose FEICA uses them. Your personal data may be processed outside the European Union. In such case, the transfer of data is governed by a data processing agreement to provide adequate safeguards as defined by the EU GDPR.
FEICA may provide aggregated statistical information to reputable third parties. Such information will not allow any user to be personally identified.
2.5. Risk assessment - The processing of your personal data was self-assessed as presenting limited risks for your fundamental rights considering that only professional information is used and that adequate measures are in place to prevent data breaches.
3. About our website, social media and our cookies policies
Information supplied by cookies can help us to provide you with a better online user experience and assist us to analyse the profile of our visitors. For example: if on a previous visit you went to our Member pages, we might find this out from your cookie and highlight Member information on your second and subsequent visits. When using this information, we do so on an anonymous and aggregate basis without viewing any of your personal details.
Users have the opportunity to set their computers to either accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. This last option will mean that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the site's features.
For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please visit: www.aboutcookies.org
3.2 Social media privacy policies - When interacting with our social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) your consent and personal data use are covered by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each of these social media platforms.
3.3 Third parties websites and social media - Our website (s), social media channels and electronic communication tools may also contain links to websites or social media channels of third parties. These links are provided for your information and convenience only. FEICA does not endorse, approve or take any responsibility for the websites or social media channels which we provide links to. We also does not endorse, approve or take any responsibility for their availability, performance, content or for the use of such websites or social media channels or any information contained therein.
4. Marketing choices regarding your personal information
Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving information from us), we send you communications by email about topics and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the "unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
5. Policy update and notifications
FEICA may update this policy at any time by posting changes online. Any such changes will be notified to registered contacts and to website visitors in order to be read and accepted.