The FEICA Sustainable Development Agenda
FEICA has set out its Sustainable Development Agenda which aims to:
- Broaden and improve the understanding of sustainability in the industry.
- Promote best practice.
- Encourage the industry to increasingly engage in the development of adhesives and sealants solutions that enable customers and industries to operate more sustainably.
FEICA’s vision for sustainable development is defined as follows:
"The adhesive and sealant industry is committed to enabling a growing population to live a better life and to use the planet’s resources responsibly and efficiently.”
FEICA's position paper on the circular economy can be read/downloaded here.
FEICA accelerates the move to a circular economy
In light of the transition to a circular economy, FEICA actively supports efforts to improve product efficiency and circularity to help create a more sustainable society.
FEICA contributes to the circular economy by promoting the concepts of:
- Energy saving
- Material efficiency
FEICA is fully aware that a product's sustainability and circularity are interrelated.
FEICA’s sustainability vision focusses on three areas of progress:
- Developing solutions for energy efficiency;
- Most efficient use of raw materials;
- Safeguarding the environment and people’s health.
- Encourage member companies to engage with FEICA’s sustainable development vision and foster active participation.
- Discover and share best practice across member companies.
- Raise awareness of the adhesive and sealant industry's contribution to sustainability, internally and externally, both in terms of activities to improve the sustainability of its own industry, as well as helping customers and their customers be more sustainable.
- Food contact - FEICA is committed to supporting the flow of information necessary to ensure the safety of our products in the supply chain, both upstream and downstream.
- FEICA Model Environmental Products Declarations (EPDs) - FEICA is committed to identifying workable solutions for our industry and thus increasing members’ engagement with sustainability.
Good Practice Stories
FEICA supports its members in their efforts to upgrade their business processes towards more sustainable operations. The use of adhesives and sealants in many sectors, including construction, automotive, and energy production, contribute to reducing the carbon footprint of a surprising number of everyday and advanced products and manufacturing processes, creating a "new licence to do business in the 21st century”.
To demonstrate the performance and benefits of these "hidden” materials, FEICA has published articles in its Information Centre - Good Practice
. Here you can find examples of good practice in the use of adhesives and sealants and how companies run their business to improve sustainable operations.
From our partners
CES - Silicones Europe
created a video
titled "Silicones: Enabling the construction revolution", to demonstrate how silicones revolutionised construction with its multitude of positive attributes.