The FEICA Sustainable Development Agenda
- Broaden and improve the understanding of sustainability in the industry.
- Promote best practice.
- Encourage the industry to increasingly engage in the development of adhesives and sealants solutions that enable customers and industries to operate more sustainably.
FEICA’s vision for sustainable development is defined as follows:
"The adhesive and sealant industry is committed to enabling a growing population to live a better life and to use the planet’s resources responsibly and efficiently.”
FEICA’s sustainability vision focusses on three areas of progress:
- Developing solutions for energy efficiency;
- Most efficient use of raw materials, and;
- Safeguarding people’s health.
- Encourage member companies to engage with FEICA’s sustainable development vision and foster active participation.
- Discover and share best practice across member companies.
- Raise awareness of the adhesive and sealant industry's contribution to sustainability, internally and externally, both in terms of activities to improve the sustainability of its own industry, as well as helping customers and their customers be more sustainable.
- Food contact - FEICA is committed to support the flow of information necessary to ensure the safety of our products in the supply chain, both upstream and downstream.
- FEICA Model Environmental Products Declarations (EPDs) - FEICA is committed to identifying workable solutions for our industry and thus increasing members’ engagement with sustainability.
The use of adhesives and sealants in many sectors including construction, automotive, and energy production, contribute to reducing the carbon footprint of a surprising number of everyday and advanced products and manufacturing processes creating a "new licence to do business in the 21st century”.
To demonstrate the performance and benefits of these "hidden” materials, FEICA has published benefit stories demonstrating the critical part adhesives and sealants are contributing to modern life.