Conveyor belt repair and bonding
Adhesives for rubber bonding supporting the circular economy
The longevity of conveyor belts can be extended by repairing on-site with a special adhesive system, thereby saving resources and reducing downtime.
Posted Jun 4, 2018
- Reparability is one of the most important drivers in the circular economy.
- In many cases, the function of a defective part can be restored by the use of adhesives.
- Conveyor belts are widely used in highly demanding industries such as tunnelling and mining.
- The adhesive system developed for on-site repair:
- Ensures minimum down-time during emergency repair stops.
- Is easy to apply without power supply and vulcanising presses in confined spaces.
- Cures fast, has a high adhesion to rubber and excellent mechanical properties.
- Is cost-effective.
For more details about this Good Practice, see the company's related document :