We are hiring!
Regulatory Affairs Manager
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Regulatory Affairs Manager for our offices in Brussels.
In this position you will have the opportunity to represent the views of the adhesives and sealants sector, with a special focus on REACH, CLP and chemical safety topics related to health and environment. You will be organising and managing the daily work for relevant groups; this involves managing working groups, leading specific projects, collecting relevant information and developing industry positions. In addition to communicating with and providing advice to the members, he/she will also interact with external parties, such as the European Commission, ECHA and other industry associations.
Managing Expert Working Groups on REACH / CLP (with a focus on downstream users’ rights and duties) and other substance-related topics. Main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Adding value to members in monitoring, analysing and reporting relevant and often complex regulatory issues;
- Gathering and summarising feedback from FEICA members regarding the consequences of relevant legislative proposals;
- Assisting or leading in drafting industry position papers, guidance documents, presentations and website content on relevant issues;
- Representing FEICA in the different external meetings (e.g. CEFIC, DUCC, ENES …)
- Liaising with officials in the EU institutions;
- Working with other involved stakeholders where relevant;
This position requires occasional travel overnight.
Experience and Qualifications:
- At least three years’ working experience within EU regulatory affairs and advocacy related to chemicals (in particular, to health and environment) and/or in an industrial or trade association context;
- University degree;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is a must, additional language skills are an asset;
- Knowledge of the adhesives and sealants industry and/or relevant legislation would be a benefit;
- Knowledge of REACH / CLP would be an asset.
- Ability to work in a small and international team;
- Ability to manage complex issues and prioritise workload against potentially conflicting interests from the rather diverse membership and summarise their implications for the industry in laymen’s language;
- Strong networking skills and the ability to work in an international environment;
- Good organisational skills and the ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- You will be dealing with a dynamic global industry in which Europe is a key player;
- Flexible working hours and partial working from home could be considered;
- Competitive salary package, including meal tickets, group insurance and health insurance.
FEICA, the Association of the European Adhesive and Sealant Industry, is the multinational association for the adhesive and sealant industry in Europe. With the support of national associations across Europe and several direct and affiliated members, FEICA coordinates, represents and advocates the common interests of our industry throughout Europe. FEICA represents the industry at a European level and works with all relevant stakeholders to create a mutually beneficial economic and legislative environment.