- Buildings are responsible – from construction to running – for 30% of greenhouse gas emissions and 40% of the world’s energy consumption.
- Windows are one of the most significant areas of a building where warmth is lost - an average house can lose up to 30% of its heat through poorly insulated windows.
- Warm Edge technology for insulating glass has been shown to improve the thermal efficiency of a window system by up to 10%.
- In this system, a top quality sealant is essential for keeping insulating gas in and moisture out.
- Butyl technology exhibits outstanding performance as a moisture and gas barrier, even under extreme conditions, thanks to a low MVTR (moisture vapour transmission rate).
For more details about this Good Practice, see the company's related document 'Smart buildings - Insulation glass sealant technology'.